9.09.2011

Adios, Amigos.

So, my Mexican Restaurant is going to close.  Of course no one has made any official proclamations, but uh, when you don't order enough food/products to keep on trucking, staff start to become suspicious.  I probably worked my last "workable" shift tonight.  So, as a tribute to my first employment in Florida, I shall PRO/CON it up.

What I WON'T miss about Mexicana:
-The drama.  Oh the drama.
-Schedules made weekly rather than biweekly/monthly.
-The owner who could give two shits about his business.
-Not knowing when we're going to get paid.
-Incorrect tip wage accounting.

What I WILL miss:
-José.  He was a cool guy.  Probably one that time will take with it, like so many others.
-<3 JUAN! <3  De nada, corazon!  Mi amor!  (My Spanish is FLAWLESS)
-Everyone's honesty about my culo grande.
-The occasional Spanish programming I watched.  Especially the programs with dancing girls that José fawned over.
-Talking about tacas.
-The language barrier.  It made for interesting conversations.
-My CHIMICHANGA.


Just look at it.  It's SO BEAUTIFUL.

I WILL NEVER LOVE AGAIN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee. I loved reading this. It's so rare that we get to post frivolous little impressions.

D said...

(^_^)

But . . . but! Have you been playing along on Facebook? It's NOT closing? Yet? It's the little restaurant that could! A zombieatery if you will. Still trucking somehow.