11.10.2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


So, I surriously thought about bombarding Wench's journal with a ridiculous amount of Bowie.  As a courtesy, I will stash some good'ins here.  Note:  I will be posting on lyrical merit alone; these aren't necessarily the songs I like best musically . . . 

"Always Crashing in the Same Car"

Every chance, every chance that I take
I take it on the road
Those kilometers and the red lights
Oh, but I'm always crashing in the same car . . .


"Sunday"

For in truth, it's the beginning of nothing
And nothing has changed
Everything has changed

For in truth, it's the beginning of an end
And nothing has changed
Everything has changed


"Quicksand"

. . . I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
And I ain't got the power anymore

Don't believe in yourself
Don't deceive with belief
Knowledge comes with death's release . . . 

I'm not a prophet or a stone age man
Just a mortal with the potential of a superman
I'm living on
I'm tethered to the logic of Homo Sapien
Can't take my eyes from the great salvation 
Of bullshit faith . . . 

No comments: